59 minutes ago
Tuesday, 26 July 2011
Today's card is for a friend of my daughter. She apparently likes a drink (or three), so I thought this image sent to me by a friend would be perfect. The background papers were also a gift, so I'm afraid I don't know who they're by, but I love the pink and brown mix. The image was coloured with Copics, and on checking with my hubby if he thought it was OK, he said he thought I should make her stocking tops a bit darker than the rest of the stocking!! Wonder how he knew that, lol! I lightly distressed the background with 'pumice' distress ink, but made a bit of a boo boo, and got a bit of a dark splodge just under where the girl is sitting, so had to cut into another image, and 'pinch' one of the olives, which I then coloured and stuck over the splodge, hopefully no one will notice, except you guys. The lace is from the load I brought back from Spain (must get some more next time I go), flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts, a bit of Tim Holtz film, and a computer generated sentiment finishes it off.
Hope you have time to leave a comment, as I love to hear from you.
Wednesday, 20 July 2011
Today's card is for my neighbour who kindly helps us out with watering the garden and feeding the fish when we're on our hols. It's her birthday tomorrow, and I just wanted to make her a card to help show how much we value her. I don't know her VERY well, so it's a bit pot luck as to whether she'll like it, but I do, so I guess I'll have to be happy with that, lol. The black and white spotty paper is from an old Papermania pad (I think), the red and black card is from my basic card stock, and I cut the red circle with a Marianne Design die. The image is Ching Chou Kuik, and I've coloured it with distress inks. I don't think Sue is into 'pretty, pretty' if you know what I mean, so I didn't want to go over the top with flowers, and decided that the black feather with just one small flower was about right. The sentiment was stamped with one of my staples, again from Papermania. A little red homemade card candy for the corners, and that's the lot.
Thanks for looking.
Friday, 15 July 2011
Today's card is one that I've made well ahead of time for my sister's birthday in August as I shall be in sunny Spain at the time (HUGE grin!).
My sister is REALLY into gardening, which sounds a bit weird when you think that she lives on a narrow boat, but some time ago she managed to pursuade the guy who owns the marina where they moor to allow her to look after a little bit of rough ground at the side of the canal. You should see it now - beautiful flower beds, lawn, greenhouse and shed!! It's a real improvement on what it used to be I can tell you. Anyway, bearing this in mind I once again decided to make her a garden based card, and this is the result. The image is a freebie that I downloaded at some point from Deedledeedoodles. It's very simple, but I rather liked it. It was coloured with Copics, and I edged it with distress ink. The papers are digis, but off the top of my head I can't remember who by, so if you want to know drop me an email, and I'll find out for you. I made a little ball of garden string to add a bit of texture to the card, and then some ribbon from my stash, and homemade flowers just about complete this one. As always, I'd love to hear what you think.
Thursday, 7 July 2011
Sorry I'm not posting so many cards at the mo, I've been busy with other projects. However, I bought this stamp at the weekend, and just couldn't wait to get it inked up, and here is the result.
I coloured the image with Copics (managed to run out THREE of my pens, so have had to order refills - not a cheap fix, but at least they do last ages). I'm afraid I don't have a clue whose make the papers are that I've used, as they were a gift from my lovely pal, Tasha a while back. The card is Coredinations which I embossed with a new mask that I got at the weekend, unfortunately it wasn't until I went to sand it down that I realised it hadn't taken the embossing as well as I'd hoped, so you can barely see the design, obviously should have used another shim! The ribbon was originally white seam binding, but I dyed it with Distress Inks, as while back and it just happened to match this project perfectly. A Doo Hickey swirl is just tucked in there, and I used a few diamond shaped eyelets in the corners, which were originally gold, but I changed the colour with my black Copic pen. That's about it for this one.
Hugs, and thanks for looking.