Followers

Sunday 13 March 2011

Pretty in purple


Hi everyone

Today's card has actually taken me 4 days to get finished!!  I know a lot of you ladies knock up a card in an hour or so, but I simply can't do that!  I think it's because when my back pain is niggling I just can't concentrate properly, but having made this one from scratch - including the paper, I'm rather pleased with the finished article.  As I said, I made the paper myself, using a versacolour ink pad in a shade that I love.  I used it in a similar way to distress inks - splodged it on my heatproof mat, added a spritz of water, and then wiped my paper over it in various directions.  I then stamped over it with a set of clock based stamps - sorry, I can't remember who they're by, and a music score stamp from Whimsy.  The 'Wishes' stamp  is also from Whimsy, and I cut it out using the matching die - I'm loving these!  The flower is made with some matching purple card, and a layer cut from my dp.  Ribbon is seam binding which I've dyed by spritzing with distress ink mixed with water, and the little tag was punched, and then I stamped the sentiment on, again using the matching ink pad.  Ooops!  Sorry, I forgot to mention that the image I've used is a Ching Chou Kuik from Crafts & Me, called Midnight Waiting, and I've again coloured it with Distress Inks - I'm really into these now.

Hope you like it, and have all had a wonderful weekend with hopefully a bit of crafting time.

Hugs

Judi x

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Judi, adore these Sweet Pea images and love all the purple too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous and worth the 4 days that it took to make it. Hey ... I think you changed your blog again. Is it ever cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie wow this is soooo beautiful I love the paper its awesome & sweet pea is my fave so I totally adore her & your colouring is fab. I've only done the odd card in an hour but thats only if I've already got an image done it takes me at least an hour do an image lol. Hope your back gets better shug its awful isn't it when you have back problems. Take care hunni.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Judi - four hours well spent!

    Yvonne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hu Judi,
    This is a gorgeous creation. I love the colours and layout. The image is beautiful. Wonderful creation.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow its stunning..just love everything about it!!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it was all worth it as it's just gorgeous - fab colours. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!! So so gorgeous and my all time fav color too!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is so gorgeous Judi, beautiful fairy.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's absolutely gorgeous Judi!
    I love your papers, that image is beautiful and the design is fabulous.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is stunning judi.i love the gorgeous image and really beautiful colours and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous card Judi,I love the image and the papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Judi,love the colour theme and the image is adorable...Your paper is beautiful worth the time in making...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just a pice of art! The papers you have made are so beautiful, and perfect for the beautiful image. I looove your card!!!!
    Hugs, Marianne:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, just love the image and the colours are gorgeous!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card, Judi! I love the purples and what an amazing job you did making your paper! It's fabulous! Gorgeous work!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Judi this is stunning, gorgeous colour and a beautiful image too.
    Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning card, I love how you have created your DP too!

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete