Followers

Thursday 15 October 2009

Popcorn the Bear - Snow Buddies




O.K., I told you yesterday I went mad on buying the Popcorn Bear Christmas stamps, so did you really expect my next card to be a Gorjuss Girl??? 

Again, I wanted to keep the background fairly simple, as the bears really do  need to take centre stage, so I just did a lot of matting and layering, and not much else.  The pinky bits are actually holographic card, and look a lot better in the flesh, so to speak. The white and pink backing paper I made myself, using a rollagraph stamper, and the little things that look like brads, I again made myself, simply cut out some circles of the holographic card with my normal old paper punch, then turned them over, rubbed a candle over the surface to make them slippy, and with a large embossing tool made lots of circular movements until the card raised up at the edges.  I seem to be using a lot of these at the moment, I know you can buy them ready made, as I saw them at the Newbury show, but they're so easy to make, and you can easily match to your colour scheme, so why bother to buy them?


No comments:

Post a Comment