Followers

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Giving Card Making the Boot!

123

Ha!  Bet that got ya goin? lol.

Gone totally away from my comfort zone with this one.  A friend asked me to make a 30th birthday card for someone totally into fashion, shoes, bags etc. you know the sort, so I decided to make a template for something different (well for me), and this is what I came up with. 

I used C’ordinations card stock, which I then put through an embossing folder, it didn’t quite fit, which left me with a plain toe cap which I rather liked.  I then cut a piece of lilac glitter card and trimmed it using the MS doily punch, to this I added a strip of the plain card, and then a peel off strip to add a bit of extra interest.  I also added peel off strips to the toe cap.  I cut two flowers with a punch, and then put them through another embossing folder, after which I sanded all the embossed areas to bring out the pattern.  The swirl flower stem is cut using a Marianne Creatables die.  Sentiment was computer generated and then cut out with a Nestie tag die, I added a bit of ribbon from my stash, and that’s about it.

As always, I hope you like it.

Judi xx

6 comments:

  1. WOW Judi, this is something really different - you never seem to amaze me with your templates - just fab and very original. I'm sure she will love this card, its great. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Judi! Gorgeous colours too!
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Judi.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is fabulous judi.a great unique shape and i love the colours and fab embossing :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judi! Wow how very creative! I love it! The papers are perfect for the shoe!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is oh so very creative and I like that boot toe too!!

    ReplyDelete