Followers

Friday 7 January 2011

Shaped Card Information

Hi there

Edna asked after my last post about the shape of the card.  It was cut with a Go Kreate Card Making die which my hubby tells me he bought from Click on Crafts.  It's a special die with little slots that you line up with the edge of your folded card, and with a couple of runs through my Big Shot it cuts through the double layer leaving two little tabs which stop the card from falling apart - hopefully this makes sense?  When he bought it, you could buy these dies individually and mine was the 6" one, but you can still buy the set of two sizes (6 x 6 and 5 x 5) here.
As I didn't have any other Go Kreate dies at the time, (a matter which I've since rectified, lol), I simply drew around the inner side of the die, and cut round it to give me my second layer.  Hope this answers your questions Edna.

Hugs

Judi x

2 comments:

  1. You have lots of pretty cards here! Thanks for sharing!
    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2010/01/hummingbird-love-by-lori-hairston.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Judi. It does! Those Go Kreate dies are excellent.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete