21 hours ago
Tuesday, 1 February 2011
Tilda plays Cupid
Hi again people
As you will see on my card today I've been practising my colouring with distress inks. I think I've found a better paint brush to use, and would you believe it's a really CHEAP one, I pinched it out of the grandkid's craft box, just to try, and it seems much better than the more expensive one that I used last time - this one cost 50 pence! I made the main background paper myself, again using distress inks - yep, I'm beginning to think I'm hooked!!! All I did was blend three different colours, just to take the whiteness out of the paper, and then I stamped over the top with an old wood mounted leaf stamp in a random design, and was very pleased with the finished article. I then added a small piece of paper from a Basic Grey kit, and a doily cut with a Marianne Creatable die, which I again distressed around the edges to take away the white. Tilda was stamped with Versafine, and then coloured with the distress inks. I can't believe how few colours you need for this technique, unlike with my Copics. The sentiment was computer generated, and then glued behind a cut out which I made using my new Cricut machine. A bit of stitching, a couple of die cut corners, and some home made card candy, and that completes this one.
Hope you have time to leave a comment, as I love to hear what you think.