Followers

Saturday 6 February 2010

Penny Black for Chrissy



Hi peeps

I made this card for my friend Chrissy's birthday.  She's also a card maker, so I hope she's going to like it.  It's the first time I've used a Penny Black stamp for a while, but when I saw the set with this cute little hedgehog in, I just simply couldn't resist. The set is called 'Tiny Wishes', and I can see it's going to be one of those that I come back to, time and time again.

Unfortunately, it didn't photograph as well as I would have liked, but the light at the moment is awful, so you'll have to trust me when I tell you that the blue of Mrs Hedgehog's dress DOES match the blue of the paper, and flowers.

Now I hope you're sitting down, as I have some shocking news ...................... I actually painted the hedgehog with distress inks, and NOT Copics!!!  I hope that hasn't given anyone a heart attack, you all being so used to Copics being my only form of colouring over the last few months, but I've seen quite a few people use the distress inks for colouring lately, and thought I'd just give it a try for a change.  I like the effect, but do prefer my Copics!!!

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Judi x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Judi, what a gorgeous card .... and the blue does look like it matches the papers on the card so don't worry! You're friend will love it! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is so cute! I love all the little extra's and your coloring is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya
    This card is lovely and your colouring is wonderful :-)
    Are you back ? I havent emailed you as I thought that you may have loads to get through.
    Email me when you get a mo and let me know all about your holiday :-)
    Missed ya
    Tasha
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooo adorable! I love the layout and that hedgie is too cute and your coloring is fantastic! hugs!

    ReplyDelete