Followers

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Whimsy - Winter Carousel


Afternoon people

Today I'd like to share a card that I made with the Whimsy, 'Cool Ride' carousel horse stamp.  The minute I clapped eyes on this one I just knew I HAD to have it, and Elaine at Quixotic Paperie was so helpful, and kindly emailed me to let me know when they arrived, which happened to be while I was in Spain.  Luckily, while visiting with friends I picked up her mail, and ordered immediately, for fear of them having sold out if I waited until I got home.  

The effect I wanted to achieve was icy cold, so I went for the blues as my main colour.  However, I felt that it needed a little bit of something stronger to bring it to life, and I think the brown has done this???  Unfortunately, it doesn't show up in the pic, but I added Glitter Dust to the fur around the horses blanket, and all of the snowflakes, so in real life it does look nice 'n'  icy.

Once again, I made my own background paper using the swirly stamp that came with the horse, (there is also a snowflake stamp in the set).  I then 'distressed' it with the same ink.  The brown border was done with a Martha Stewart punch, as was the snowflake mat.  Sentiment from HOTP.

Hope you like it.

Judi

3 comments:

  1. Wow I just love this! And it feels cold too! Love the sparkle you used and the borders. So magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi, this card is absolutely gorgeous and I just love that stamp! The colours you have used compliment eachother really well and it certainly looks icy and Christmassy too! Another gorgeous piece of work.

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is so, so beautiful.such gorgeous colours too.fab layout and embellishments.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete