Followers

Saturday 16 January 2010

20th Anniversary Card



Hi there friends

Today I'd like to show you an anniversary card that I made as a commission.  The order came from a friend of a friend, so I hope they like it!!!  All I was told was that it was for a 20th anniversary, the names of the recipients, and that they wanted something 'traditional', so hopefully this fits the bill.

The base papers are from Papermania's 'Exquisite' collection.  They're so pretty and elegant that I figured they would be perfect for a wedding or anniversary.  I didn't want to put the champagne glasses against a totally plain background, so made up my own paper on the computer by just typing the couple's names over and over, and am quite pleased with the effect.  The sentiment was computer generated, and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The Leaves were made with the ash punch, from Leone Em.  The glasses are from the Magnolia Winter Stamp Club collection 2008.  They were coloured with copics, and then I embossed them all over with clear embossing powder to give them a shine like proper glass.  Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying to give the glass in the foreground depth by glueing it on using silicone glue.  I went out for a while, and when I came back, was HORRIFIED to find that the silicone had come through the card leaving greasy marks all over the glass, and papers!!!  After turning the air blue, I sat down to assess the damage, and figured that if I could remove the background circles which were stuck on with DST, I just might be able to salvage the rest of the card, so I warmed them up slightly using my hot air gun, and luckily managed to remove them and the bottom champagne glass without damaging the rest of the card - phew!  What a relief! 

Please feel free to let me know what you think by leaving a comment, and thanks for looking.

Judi

1 comment:

  1. Hi Judi,Just love this one,it's gorgeous and they will be bowled over with it.x

    ReplyDelete