Followers

Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year ! Fragile Beauty



First of all I'd like to wish everyone who kindly takes the time to check out my blog a very Happy New Year.  Let's hope it's healthy and prosperous too!!

Right, that said, I have a new card to show you.  It's a bit out of my comfort zone, firstly because it's a 5 x 7, as opposed to square, and I'm sure you'll all have realised that square it my 'thing'.  I also decided to play around and stamped onto patterned paper - shock, horror!  I've never done this before, and as it was my treasured MME supplies, I was really hesitant, but what the heck, if you don't try something new from time to time, you only end up stuck in a rut, and to quote my daughter 'if you always do, what you've always done, then you'll always get, what you've already got!!!  Think about it!

I also did some stitching, and again went for something different with wiggly lines instead of straight - much easier to hide mistakes this way, lol. 

The leaves were picked up off of the local market a while back.  At the time I bought them I loved the colour, but when I got them home I couldn't think what I'd ever use them on - now I know!  I finished it off with a flower and button from my stash.  I threaded a couple of bits of wire through the button, and then twisted them around a cocktail stick, just to add something a bit different, and finally added a sentiment from a clear set by Hero Arts  (they're on special offer at the moment).

Hope you like it.

Judi

2 comments:

  1. hiya hun, i absolutely love this card.the papers are yummy and i love the stithing.fab image and layout too.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete