Followers

Saturday 2 January 2010

Whiff of Joy - Apples



Hi there

You might remember from yesterday's card that 5 x 7 is not my favourite sixed card to work with, but I bought a couple of boxes of this size cards and envelopes a while back, and figured I should use them up.  So I'm hoping that you'll think they're O.K.

I coloured in this image along with several others a while back, before I realised that it's much easier to match your colouring to the papers you've chosen, rather than the other way around.  Durr!!  Anyway, I think this paper (sorry, I've forgotten who it's by), goes quite well with it, and I decided to go with red rather than green to give the card a little extra colour.  The sentiment is part of a stamp from Catslife Press.  I say part of a stamp, because I cut a most of the circle off  to achieve the effect I wanted, but the complete stamp is really nice too.

The little button type embellishments and the corners are done with a set of dies by Spellbinders, and then sanded to emphasise the embossed effect.  Colouring - Copics.

Judi

3 comments:

  1. OH wow I just love your coloring on this card! Love that stamp too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a stunning card.i love the image and the little apple tree is fab.great colours too.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete