Followers

Sunday 7 March 2010

Just Rite - flowers 1


Evenin' all,

Hope like me you've been having a lovely weekend? 

I've just finished making this card, and was really pleased with the end result, as it's something a bit different to my usual 'cutesy' style.  I bought the flower stamp at the Stevenage show last weekend, it's part of a set from 'Just Rite' stampers, and is of course beautifully compatible with my nesties.  When I started I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with it, but just fancied colouring it to see how it turned out.  I did try doing this one the other day with watercolours, but made a right pig's ear of it, and so returned to my Copics, with which I believe I did a far better job, although the photo does seem to have faded the flower colour slightly. 

The papers are from the very first set that I bought from Papermania.  Background card - C'ordinations, although on this occasion I didn't feel the need to distress it.  Butterfly punched with the Martha Stewart large punch, glittered with Glamour Dust, and then I added a few sticky backed crystals just to give it a nice bit of sparkle.  Sentiment - computer generated.  Card candy - made from the matching C'ordinations scraps.

As always, I'd be grateful if you could spare the time to let me know what you think.

Judi x

5 comments:

  1. Hi Judi,Love this one,sometimes a change is as good as a rest....lol...well it works for me.....love your new stamp....take care.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, this is so beautiful.love the flower image and really great colours and layout.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!Just beautiful!Love it!
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour, design, the stamp and especially the butterfly!....In fact it's all beautiful!. Annx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Judi ! My first visit to your blog has been a treat !

    ReplyDelete