Followers

Monday 1 March 2010

Tilda gets distressed


Hi peeps

Well, what a weekend I had!!  I was supposed to be going to the 'Make It' show at Farnborough on Sunday, and had so been looking forward to it, not only because was I going to be able to get my mitts on lots of new crafting goodies, but I had arranged to meet up with my friend Tasha who I met through the Docrafts forum, and who I'd not actually physically seen before.  Hence, you can imagine my disappointment when I heard that the show had been cancelled!!!  However, not to be beaten, we decided that as Tasha lives in Stevenage, we could still go to the Stevenage stamping show, which I'd never been to before.  My darling hubby had been busy all afternoon on Saturday making a curry for us to share with Tasha and her hubby, so we transported the lot up to Tasha's and made a day of it there instead.

The show was fabulous, and bigger than I'd been led to believe.  Needless to say, I spent a fortune, but came away with lots of lovely new toys to play with, including lots of stamps, nesties, MS punches, and some Clarity stamps.  I also met Barbara Grey, who's crafting skills I really admire, and had a lovely chat with her.

Anyway, enough of the waffle, the card I want to share today was made on Saturday.  I hadn't had a chance to give this Tilda an airing before, and fancied doing a bit of a distressed look, so instead of using the usual Copics I decided to try painting with distress inks, and this is what I ended up with .  The papers are from the Porcelain set by Basic Grey.  Flowers made with a Nellie Snellen punch and emboss set, which I then dabbed with Distress Ink, and sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer to make the ink run and give a little bit of sparkle.  The tag, and little clip thing that holds the heart in place were cut with a die from Impress, which I picked up for £1.00 in the after Christmas sales, and I think I will get a lot of use out of.

As always, I'd love you to leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Judi




3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning xx lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is so stunning.i love the colours and the distressing.love everything.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, beautiful card!
    Hugs Gosia S.(Poland)

    ReplyDelete