Followers

Wednesday 10 March 2010

The Serene Night by Ching-Chou kuik

Hi there

Well, having faffed about loads trying to get a good picture of this card, I've given up, and decided to show you the best that I seemed able to get today.  Unfortunately, the colour seems to have drained a bit from one side of the card, and is a little darker than in real life on the other.  You also can't really see the stickles on the butterfly wings, which are really very pretty in the right light.  So I apologise for my bad photography.

Anyway, the stamp - The Serene Night - is one of the Sweet Pea range, and is designed by Ching-Chou kuik.  When I first coloured the image, I was trying to follow the colours used on the website to get a feel for the picture, however, when I'd finished, I suddenly realised that I didn't have a single paper in the right colours, durr!  I eventually decided to give my Anna Griffin, pattern matching stamps an airing, and as luck would have it, had the perfect colour ink pad.  I made the flower by punching and embossing with Nellie Snellen's new punches.  I used both sizes.   Branch punch - Leone Em.  Sentiment computer generated.

Once again, sorry for the poor photography.  Will try to do better with the next one!!

Hugs

Judi





7 comments:

  1. ooooo wow this is stunning.the image is gorgeous and i love the deep colours you have used.fab backing paper and great layout too.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is just soooo beautiful ~ luv the fab image & backing paper & the layout is great xx lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judi,
    I love the colours on this card. everything matches so well and if you zoom in on the photograph you can see the stickles on the butterfly.
    Beautiful card.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judi,Love this sweet card,and your layout is fab.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judi
    Gorgeous card, beautifully coloured, love these stamps, I ordered a couple the other day and can't wait to have a play!
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is simply beautiful. Don't worry about the lighting/photography. The beauty of this card shines through. Great card, great job with this stamp:-)

    ReplyDelete